Helix® Express 3.0.3
Copyright Helix Technologies 1985 - 1995. All rights reserved.
WELCOME TO Helix Express 3.0.3
This document provides late-breaking news about Helix Express. This information is not in the printed documentation that came with your software.
Version 3.0.3 fixes several problems that had been reported in version 3.0 or earlier versions of Helix Express.
Problems fixed in this release:
- In Full Mode only, you could get the "Server Info..." and "Helix Express Info..." screens to say that your serial number is zero.
- The Form Time tile used in an abacus which is on a subform, but not within the subform's repeat rectangle would display incorrect information.
- The Unique Tile used in a validation abacus could lead to a crash if the input to the tile was another tile (instead of an abacus or field).
- Power Queries would work sporatically when you were querying an unindexed field or a field that was not on the form being queried.
- If you deselected Allow Tab from the Check menu for a popup Field, you could not use the Delete key to remove data from the field.
- The Fixed Point tile would output Undefined result instead of truncating the input to 2 decimal digits if the input value had 3 or more decimal digits.
- The division tile would output the wrong result if the input was a Fixed Point data type.
- The Round and Round to Nearest tiles would not give correct results when used with a Fixed Point input.
- A crash could occur when Find & Print All was done on a form containing a Command Rectangle (Sequence Button).
- Clicking a Sequence Button that closed the form that the Button is on and then re-opened the same form could have lead to a crash.
- Removing an item selected in the Power Query's Winnow dialog lists could lead to a crash.
- The Data Rectangle dialog's "Format" button overlaps the radio button for "Icon" format. This would allow someone to open the Format dialog when the Format button was still gray.
- Changing a keyword field word exclusion list and then copying the field with the field window open would lead to a harmless situation that would be reported as a fatal error.
- The Helix Utility could crash when Auto-Fix was done on some Collections containing large numbers of indexes.
- Update Collection could fail when updating collections with a large picture in a rectangle.
- Important note: All problems with the Collection diagnostics and Update Collection have been fixed. After updating to 3.0.3 and then passing the 2 diagnostics (Update Collection and Helix Utility), a Collection will have a completely clean bill of health.
Changes in this release
- Due the language dependent nature of the storage of one byte variable, the protocol for the AppleEvent 'Done' reply needed to be changed in Helix Express. The field separator and record separator parameters were changed to Type SHORT INTEGER instead of Type CHAR. Any AppleEvent applications that use the 'Done' reply need to be modified to accomodate this change.
Helix Express 3.0.1
Problems fixed in this release:
There were only two minor fixes for this version. The first was in Update Collection. The second was in the Solutions Collection named Global Relations. The new Update Collection application and new Global Relations Collection were added to the Helix Express 3.0 disks that shipped in 1995. Their versions were set to 3.0.1.
- If a Collection were saved when the Server Info or Client Info windows were open it could lead to a bogus report of damage when the Collection's structure was checked with Update Collection.
- The Global Relations Collection describes how to use a simple Global Relation. Some key components in the Collection have been corrected.
Return to Power Services Home Page