Archaelogical cataloguing and analysis software
Artificat provides simple methods to record the provenience and classification information for each artifact as it is determined. Artifact cataloguing is accomplished via a logical progression of input windows using buttons and pulldown menu choices. In most cases the user can add local categories to the pulldown menu choices. A variety of reports can be produced and printed directly or exported into most popular Macintosh word processing programs (ascii text). The provenience data can be used to generate site charts (both 2D and 3D) using other popular Macintosh chart/graphics packages. We recommend DeltaGraph Pro for mapping.
Program Specifications (partial):
- Provenience types - Surface, Shovel Test, Test Unit, Feature, Posthole, Trench, Surface Block, and Block Excavation
- Prehistoric Categories - Ceramics, Ecofacts, Features, Ground Stone Tools, Precision Tools, Percussion Tools, Lithic Production Waste, Non-Lithic Specialized/Ceremonial, Flake Analysis
- Historic Categories - Builing Materials, Automotive, Household, Munitions, Personal, Unique, Kitchen, Unidentified, and Historic Feature
- Detail reports for each provenience.
- Detail reports for each Artifact category type
- Summary reports - Provenience, Block Excavation, Test Unit, Trench, Lithic Recovery, Artifact Recovery, and Flake.
- Site Specific data
- Extensive Flake analysis reports - Material vs Size, Material vs Type, Material vs Condition, Material vs Termination, Material vs Platform Preparation, Depth vs Size, Depth vs Type, Depth vs Condition, Depth vs Termination, Depth vs Platform Preparation
- Client/Server and multi-user (additional software required).
Return to Power Services of NE Inc..
Voice/Fax us at 508.947.9950 (USA, Eastern Standard Time)
or E mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mac and the Mac OS logo are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., used under license.
This page last updated May 25, 2001